Saturday, March 10, 2012

Business in the Big Apple

Posted by Arden Wallace

My best friend and I started a small gift basket business in the basement of my house in New York. The business has started to get really big, and we felt that we needed to find a place that we could move to that would give us enough room to accommodate our growing business. We found a warehouse facility not too far away from where I live. We didn’t really need a place that big so the owner agreed to rent us just a portion of the building which was plenty big for our needs. We had to hire a few more people to help keep up with all the orders. We also had to get our website updated and more user friendly. We ended up getting a new york T1 line for our telephone and internet needs. That way we could start out small, and when we needed more phone lines everything would already be in place. I really never dreamed that my small idea for a gift basket business would actually grow into something so profitable. But you never know until you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment